"We need to work extra hard to stop this trend. The only way we can stop people from fixing prices in dollars is by making sure that our currency stabilises," said central bank governor Caleb Fundanga.
Almost all businesses in Zambia have resorted to trading in US doll
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production