Source: Business World
Tito Mboweni, the governor of the Reserve Bank, on Friday indicated he could seek exemption from the Promotion of Access to Information Act to prevent the public from gaining access to confidential information about banks.
But he insisted this would be in the best interests of the banking sector as a whole.
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- BoJ cuts inflation estimate as it holds rates
- Trump’s fiscal policy threatens emerging markets – Lagarde
- Central banks need a consistent approach to accounting for monetary gold
- Central bank-issued digital currency threatens privacy – BoI official