Anne Krueger, the IMF's first deputy managing director, made the surprise call in a speech late on Monday night in Washington.
Describing the plan as "the missing element we must provide" in the global financial system, Ms Krueger said the IMF should have the power to i
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting