The sight deposit rate will then be 6.0 per cent. According to Norges Bank's assessment, with an interest rate of 6.0 per cent, the probability that inflation two years ahead will be lower than 2 ½ per cent is greater than the probability that it will be higher.
The objective of monetary policy is low and stable inflation.
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say