The bank's key refinancing rate remains at 4.5%, a level it has held since May.
Pressure for a rate cut eased after data released yesterday, 18 July, showed June inflation dropping to 3%, from an eight-year high of 3.4% in May.
But European officials cautioned against over-optimism, saying that more evidence was needed to confirm inflation had now peaked.
"One swallow doesn
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production