The World Bank is also raising questions on Mr Bush's plan to convert its lending from loans to grants.
Mr Bush argues that such a move would eliminate the debt burden for poor countries, since they would not have to pay the money back.
But critics of the proposal say it could lead to radical cuts in the amount
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde