"The thing about household credit and spending is not so much that immediately that's inflationary ... but this level that we are talking about is clearly very high," Mboweni told a televised press conference to announce the bank's decision on interest rates.
The latest official data
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors