'As ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet said in Helsinki on May 6, we expect the gradual economic recovery in the euro area to continue and gather momentum during the course of the year,' Issing said.
'The conditions for a continued recovery are favourable,' Issing said, pointing to strong global economic growth,
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group