'As ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet said in Helsinki on May 6, we expect the gradual economic recovery in the euro area to continue and gather momentum during the course of the year,' Issing said.
'The conditions for a continued recovery are favourable,' Issing said, pointing to strong global economic growth, 'advanta
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production