Jose Vinals, a deputy governor at the Bank of Spain, is the new director of the International Monetary Fund's (IMF) monetary and capital markets department, replacing Jaime Caruana, now general manager of the Bank for International Settlements.
Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the managing director of the IMF, said on Wednesday: "Vinals has extensive experience and an exceptional record of accomplishments in academia, in the Bank of Spain, in the European Central Bank and other European central banking i
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting