"Clearly it's an absurd assumption," Noyer told French newspaper Le Parisien in an interview published on Saturday 4 June. "The euro is our currency, of the citizens of the 12 countries that have adopted it," he said.
"The euro is not at all threat
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says