Source: Business Day
The South African Reserve Bank's (SARB) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) decided today to cut the repo rate by 50 basis points to 8.0%, SARB governor Tito Mboweni announced at the end of the two-day meeting.
This brought the total amount of rate cuts to 550 basis points since the first cu
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors