Mersch, the governor of the Central Bank of Luxembourg, told Bloomberg: "We certainly have downside risks to growth." He added that inflationary pressures could also be mitigated by a strong euro, a fall in oil prices, a slowdown in the United States and tighter credit conditions.
Mersch's comments contra
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde