European Central Bank President Wim Duisenberg said on Tuesday falling oil prices and the strong euro are lowering inflationary pressures, bolstering market expectations for an ECB interest rate cut this week.
``Inflation pressures have declined significantly in recent months,
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure