She said no banks had approached the central bank to ask for an extension on the deadline."There were no banks that have asked for an extension. therefore no extension has been given and we are working towards meeting the deadline," she told reporters.
Dr Zeti was commenting on market rumours that there could be an extension in the deadline for bank mergers, as with less
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says