The Reserve Bank of New Zealand held the official cash rate at 5.75 percent on Thursday, as expected by all 13 economists polled by Bloomberg News. Bank bill and bond yields fell after Governor Bollard's statement that borrowing costs may fall.
The New Zealand dollar has gained 27 percent against the U.S. currency in
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security