The discount rate will be reduced to the record low level of 1.625 percent from 1.875 percent, a central bank statement said. The rate cut was the 14th over the past two years, the China Post reported.
The central bank also cut the rate for accommodations with collateral to 2.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations