Trichet has been ordered to face trial over misleading accounting by the Credit Lyonnais bank, which is expected to begin some time before July 2003, probably March.
The trial has cast doubt on the candidacy of Trichet, widely
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations