"[An] extremely accommodative monetary environment will be sustained for the time being. We will adjust interest rates to harmonize [them] to economic fundamentals ... subject to developments in prices and [the] economy," Fukui said.
Fukui spoke after the BoJ's policy board voted 6-3 to keep the overnight call rate target unch
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production