"[An] extremely accommodative monetary environment will be sustained for the time being. We will adjust interest rates to harmonize [them] to economic fundamentals ... subject to developments in prices and [the] economy," Fukui said.
Fukui spoke after the BoJ's policy board voted 6-3 to keep the overnight call rate target unch
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor