Economists said the decision was widely expected although many said the Bank was likely to ease rates again some time in the next month, in the hope of stimulating economic activity.
Ten days ago, the Bank cut rates by a half point, following a similar move by the US Federal Reserve in the wake of the 11 September terrorist attacks.
Many economists believe the Fed will announce another rate cut - its ninth this
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements