"As of 31 January, we've taken back 1.7 billion bills worth ITL68.5 trillion (EUR35.4 billion), slightly more than 50% of the total value in circulation," Fazio told an annual forex conference in Lodi, a town near Milan.
In exchange for the old currency, he said a total of
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde