The Gulf Arab oil exporter's central bank had earlier announced it would convert 10 percent of its largely dollar-denominated foreign exchange reserves into euros and gold.
Governor Sultan Nasser Al Suweidi said the switch had not yet been
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says