The annual rate was down from 1.9 per cent in January and also below the bank's target for price stability, defined as inflation of "close to, but below" 2 per cent.
The figures confirmed Eurostat's estimate published late last month and were in line with analysts' expectations.
In the full 15-nation EU, inflation stoo
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development