The annual rate was down from 1.9 per cent in January and also below the bank's target for price stability, defined as inflation of "close to, but below" 2 per cent.
The figures confirmed Eurostat's estimate published late last month and were in line with analysts' expectations.
In the full 15-nation EU, inflation stoo
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says