Nout Wellink, the chairman of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision and president of the Netherlands Bank, has called for international principles for bonuses and financial sector pay.
Wellink said at a press conference on Thursday, Reuters reported, that the Financial Stability Forum would propose a set of international principles for bonuses and financial sector pay next month, but that different business cultures made the task difficult.
"[It] is a bit tricky indeed because there are
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief