The weighting of the dollar in the two-currency "basket" had been reduced from 90 percent to 80 per cent with effect from March 15, the bank said.
The decision reflects the importance of the European Union in Russian trade and also the strength of the euro.
The bank said that the increa
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says