"Unemployment remains unacceptably high, the quality of health and housing for large sections of the population is grossly inadequate, as is our education system," Williams said.
"Clearly we are too resource rich to have such high levels of poverty," he added
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio