"At this point it is hard to foresee when Japan will emerge from deflation," BOJ Deputy Governor Toshiro Muto told a seminar in Tokyo.
"It will be hard to overturn deflation within the current fiscal year (ending next March). After that, there is a chance that the gap between supply and demand
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group