Reserve Bank Head of Financial System Oversight Peter Ledingham said: "The decision to register the bank was based on the criteria set out in the Reserve Bank Act, and Kiwibank was treated no differently from any other application. No political pressure has been applied.
"Kiwibank will comfortably meet the minimum capita
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says