The Bank is publishing today the seventeenth edition of its euro guides Practical Issues Arising from the Euro. Like all previous editions, it is confined to technical issues relating to the euro.
This edition concentrates on the mechanics of the changeover to the euro in the first 12 countries, which is now complete. The final changeover around the turn of this year was a complex project, and required extensive planning and prep
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure
- De La Rue beats European competition to Swedish banknote contract
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds