The decision came a little over an hour after the Federal Reserve announced it was to slash its federal funds rate by 75 basis points. Marc Ostwald, an economist at Insinger de Beaufort, an advisory firm, told Central Bank News that the Bank of Canada's decision showed that, unlike the Fed, it was "clearly not driven by panic."
The decision, which was widely expected, was t
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession