Sir Edward George was misled by a senior Bank of England official about the theft of $2.2 billion of the Abu Dhabi royal family's savings at Bank of Credit of Commerce International, the High Court in London heard.
George, then deputy governor, was told in a May 1991 memo by John Bartlett, deputy head of banking supervision at the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde