The Treasury's National Changeover Plan set a period of 24 to 30 months between the referendum and the introduction of the euro. This means the government would have to hold a euro referendum by the end of next year if the currency is to be in circulation before the last possible date of the next election.
In a report on the transition to th
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows