SARB governor Tito Mboweni has said he is against the idea of the rand being adopted as Africa's single currency when the African Monetary Union is established. Mboweni said it would be much better to start afresh, with everyone knowing they are making a break with the past.
Source: SABC News
Tito Mboweni, the South African Reserve Bank Governor, says he is against the idea of the rand being adopted as the continent's single currency when the African Monetary Union eventually becomes a reality.
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
Back to Top