The central bank governor also said he does not know of any plan to buy oil using China's foreign exchange reserves, according to the newspaper.
"(China) has no plan to sell off the dollar assets, neither (have I) heard of plan to buy oil using the foreign exchange reserves," the newspaper quoted Zhou as saying.
Citing a source
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors