Mboweni also said in a radio interview that he was "embarrassed" by the way the agreement had been handled on Friday during a hearing at the Commission of Inquiry into the rand's rapid slide late last year.
Local newspapers said on Monday the secret pact would invol
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot