Mboweni also said in a radio interview that he was "embarrassed" by the way the agreement had been handled on Friday during a hearing at the Commission of Inquiry into the rand's rapid slide late last year.
Local newspapers said on Monday the secret pact would invol
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor