Mboweni also said in a radio interview that he was "embarrassed" by the way the agreement had been handled on Friday during a hearing at the Commission of Inquiry into the rand's rapid slide late last year.
Local newspapers said on Monday the secret pact would
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group