The SARB took the unusual step of placing a two-page advertisement in a national newspaper to explain the objectives, benefits and importance of inflation targeting, South Africa's Independent Online reported.
Mboweni said the fact that the government recently adjusted the target band di
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says