Speaking at the European finance convention in Brussels, Plenderleith called the linking of securities transactions and payment systems "a major advance in reducing risk in financial systems."
The system, which was inaugurated Monday, is "working smoothly," he said.
Plenderleith said the B
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB