Click the link on the right to read the Bank of England's News Release on the interest rate reduction.
It is the sixth time the Bank has cut rates this year, and leaves the UK base rate at 4.5% - its lowest level since 1964.
The Bank said early signs suggested the UK economy would not be as badly affected as the US following the
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group