Click the link on the right to read the Bank of England's News Release on the interest rate reduction.
It is the sixth time the Bank has cut rates this year, and leaves the UK base rate at 4.5% - its lowest level since 1964.
The Bank said early signs suggested the UK economy would not be as badly affected as the US following the atta
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production