Dr Brash's successor as Reserve Bank governor, Alan Bollard, last week surprised markets by announcing the bank would look to try and influence the value of the dollar through entering the foreign exchange market.
Dr Brash said that while he was governor there had been some work done on intervening in the market, but actual
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development