President Fradique de Menezes said in a statement read on state radio he had approved the proposal from the country's main MLSTP party for Maria do Carmo Silveira to become the new premier.
"I accept Maria do Carmo Silveira as prime minister and I invite her to form a new government," the statement said.
Silveira, a former finance minister, succeed
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations