While no firm decision about the IMF post has yet been made, the recently-elected French president, Nicolas Sarkozy, has backed Strauss-Kahn in recent days.
"To obtain the post it is necessary to have strong credibility, i
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says