Mboweni said in a media statement that it was unlikely that certain asset swap deals structured by Deutsche Bank in 2001 contributed to the rapid decline in the value of the rand in that year.
He said that the SARB had been reviewing Deutsche Bank's structured transactions since early October,
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations