"The platform is live and the teams stand ready to operate," said Jochen Metzger, head of payments, clearing and settlement at the Bundesbank.
Target 2 is the successor to the Trans-European Automated Real-time Gross Express Transfer, or Target, launched in 1999. The system has carried Europe through the first few years of the euro and in 2006 the value of payments processe
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations