China has risen in rankings to eighth from 11th in terms of capital provided to the International Monetary Fund, state media reported on Feb 13, 2001, citing a central bank spokesman. The elevation follows executive approval of an increase in China's special drawing rights or SDRs, the People's Bank of China spokesman said.
The IMF sources capital from its member nations, allowing those countries to draw on their SDRs or borrow currency in proportion to their contribution to avoid or soften th
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
Back to Top