The appointment will demand both professional and political merits and Heikensten appears well qualified on both counts, according to the bank.
Heikensten belonged to the group of well-educated economists working under former Finance Minister Kjell-Olof
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group