"There are no economic grounds for such talk, since our currency has markedly strengthened over the past few years," the UzrReport web site quoted him as saying.
According to Jumageldiyev, the national currency, the som, was made convertible in 2003 and there were no longer currency restrictions in the country.
He went on to say t
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says