"I would like to announce that Mr. Rato's official start date in the Fund is June 7. That is when he will formally assume his managing director duties here in Washington," Dawson told a news conference.
Rato, 55 years old, is former Spanish finance and economy minister who lost the job when his party was voted out in elections. He
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations