"This system is more transparent and more long-term and should thus have a better chance to influence the inflation expectations," Niedermayer said.
In 2002, the central bank will replace the targeting of net inf
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors