Jurgen Stark, a member of the ECB's governing board, told Bloomberg, a news agency, on Wednesday that the markets had correctly interpreted the Governing Council's comments made last week as a signal of its intent to raise rates a quarter point in July. But, he said, "we are not talking about a series of rate increases."
The euro fell slightly against
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart