In deciding not to add to the seven rate cuts it has already made this year, the Bank's Monetary Policy Committee confirmed economists' suspicions that resilient consumer sentiment meant there was no need for lower borrowing costs right now.
Despite a manufacturing recession and a noticeable slowdown in the larger services sector, Britain's economy grew 0.5 percent in the third quarter and is
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system