The Financial Times, a newspaper, reported on Friday that it had obtained a letter where Costa Rica agreed to cut its links with Taiwan in exchange for the State Administration of Foreign Exchange purchasing government debt.
The letter, written in January 2008, read: "From the date of the establishment of diplom
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure